petaluma creamery tours
Tours are currently available by appointment only, for groups of 10 or more, and must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance.
621 Western Avenue Petaluma CA 94952
Learn where your food comes from and how it's made.
For more than 100-years dairy farmers in Sonoma and Marin counties have come together at the Petaluma Creamery to process their milk into value-added dairy products.
Today our trucks bring milk from area farms and stand by while the milk is tested and pumped into silos for processing.
It wasn't always the case. Above is a picture for 1914 when horse-drawn carts brought metal milk cans full of milk to the Creamery.
Creamery trivia: the original plan was to located the Creamery next to the Petaluma train station. When they discovered that the train spooked the horsed, the location a bit further away, on Western, was chosen.
Join us for an informative and historical 45 minute guided tour of our century-old Petaluma Creamery the of course, concludes with a free cheese tasting!
rules & Dress Code
- Pants and closed-toed shoes required.
- No jewelry is allowed inside plant (the only exception is a wedding ring, in this case we will provide a glove).
- There is a safe area to leave your purses and other belongings not permitted inside the plant if needed.
- No cameras/phones are allowed inside the plant.
- We do not recommend children under the age of 12 participate in the tour due to the noise level and safety precautions we must take as a food facility.
- Groups larger than 20 will have to split into groups.
Please Note: Unfortunately, our historical building is not handicap accessible and includes multiple staircases. Please take this into consideration when scheduling your tour - your safety is our primary concern.
Small Group (10-20 adults)
Adults $20 - Children (Age 12-15) $20
Large Group Tour (20-30 adults)
Adults $15 - Children (Age 12-15) $15